Ardena is nominated by the Belgian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (BVA) for the award ‘Buy-out company of the year’.
The aim of the award is to reward and celebrate high-performing Belgian companies that are backed by a private equity or venture capital investor, thus highlighting private equity as an asset class supporting the development and growth of Belgian businesses. By creating three award categories, we reflect the three major archetypes in our industry; Venture, Growth and Buy-out. The direct financial return for the private equity investor does not constitute the decisive factor for selecting the award winners.
The three categories are:
- Venture company of the year, defined as a company backed by a venture capital firm, where the investment was primarily aimed at developing an innovative product or service, at scaling-up the company or accelerating the go-to-market process;
- Growth company of the year, defined as a company backed by a private equity firm, typically through a minority investment, that is looking to expand and improve operations or enter new markets in order to accelerate its growth;
- Buy-out company of the year, defined as a company backed by a private equity firm holding a majority or a controlling stake, and financed through a mix of equity and debt
In each category, three companies are nominated. For the Buy-out company of the year category these are:
- House of Talents was established in 2008 by Steve Rousseau and groups 12 different business units: Sales Talents, Care Talents, Financial Talents, HR Talents, Executive Talents, DigiTalents, Next-ICT, BTS Food, Arcq, Chaintec Group, VALUEbuilders Group and MIDES. The group outsources more than 1.250 specialists in different niche markets and operates in Belgium and the Netherlands.
- Inula Group was created following the merger of Pranarôm and HerbalGem, two pioneering laboratories specialized in natural therapies, founded in 1985 and 1986 respectively. Inula is a key player in the herbal remedies market, specializing in fast growing sub-sectors such as aromatherapy, gemmotherapy and Bach flowers, through three brands: Pranarôm, HerbalGem and Biofloral.
- Ardena is a pharmaceutical Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) with more than 250 qualified professionals and six state-of-the-art facilities across Western and Northern Europe. Ardena is a one-source contracting partner to help biotech and prominent blue-chip companies navigate the drug development process from molecule to clinic.