Ardena is a reputed contract partner providing drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, logistics and bioanalytical services to pharmaceutical customers globally. In parallel, we compile the regulatory dossier for our customers to fast track their product towards compliance. Ardena has a niche expertise in development and manufacture of nanomedicines and nanocrystalline products. Every day, we guide companies through the hurdles and challenges of drug development. Our integrated service offering helps to streamline the drug’s progress to clinic and beyond, to reduce risk and timelines, and to facilitate a seamless flow of information.
We have a dedicated team with over 200 professionals divided over 6 sites in Belgium (Gent) and The Netherlands (Amsterdam, Oss, Assen), Sweden (Sodertalje), and Latvia (Riga). Ardena has an open culture. Team-spirit and entrepreneurship are important values in our company.
As a dynamic CDMO, we offer exciting career opportunities for skilled and motivated people that want to work in a fast-growing business, in the global pharmaceutical industry. Do you want to work in a challenging contract research and development environment, where experts come together to make new drugs a reality? Are you able to handle complex projects? Ardena offers ample opportunities to develop your scientific and technical skills as well as your managerial and commercial skills. The products that Ardena develops for her customers are generally technically highly complex and consequently offer interesting scientific challenges for our team.
In Oss, The Netherlands, Ardena has a business unit specialized in chemical process and analytical development and cGMP manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and nanomedicines (formerly ChemConnection).
For the Oss site we are looking for a
PhD in Analytical Chemistry
In this position you will
- Independently and in teams work on analytical development of API’s and nanomedicines;
- Divide your time over the lab and behind the desk;
- Perform development for analysis techniques such as HPLC, GPC, AF4-MALS, DLS, NMR and more;
- Contribute to the scientific level of the analytical sciences team (e.g., introduce new characterization techniques);
- Maintain contact with process chemistry project leads, customers and report about the status and progress of projects;
- Supervise and coach other (associate) scientists;
- Apply your high level of scientific, technical, and organizational skills.
We expect from you
- A PhD graduation, in research evolving around the synthesis and/or characterization of (nano)materials and strong affinity with analytical chemistry;
- That you are able to translate characterization challenges of complex matrices into analytical solutions;
- (Extensive) knowledge of spectroscopic, chromatographic techniques (HPLC/LC-MS, GPC) (include expertise level in your motivation letter);
- That you are more interested in characterization of (nano)materials, than in making them;
- Good communicative skills in English both verbal and written; good coaching skills;
- That you are motivated, eager to learn and are comfortable working in a professional and dynamic environment with strict deadlines;
- That you are able to work independently and in teams;
- knowledge of analytical development of pharmaceuticals, sample preparation methods or cGMP is an added value;
A challenging job in an international environment within the most innovative industry branch: the pharmaceutical industry. Ardena has an open culture. Team-spirit and entrepreneurship are important values in our company.
Do you have questions?
For questions please contact Paul van Tilborg, Director Analytical Sciences
Do you want to apply?
This vacancy will be open until February 29th, 2020. Your response to the vacancy, including a motivation letter and CV, can be directed to:
Ilona Oerlemans, Management Assistant
+31(0)412 846 078