PhD in Nanomedicines Process R&D
Ardena is a reputed contract partner providing drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, logistics and bioanalytical services to pharmaceutical customers globally. In parallel, we compile the regulatory dossier for our customers to fast track their product towards compliance. Ardena has a niche expertise in development and manufacture of nanomedicines and nanocrystalline products. Every day, we guide companies through the hurdles and challenges of drug development. Our integrated service offering helps to streamline the drug’s progress to clinic and beyond, to reduce risk and timelines, and to facilitate a seamless flow of information.
We have a dedicated team with over 200 professionals divided over 6 sites in Belgium (Gent), The Netherlands (Amsterdam, Oss, Assen), Sweden (Sodertalje), and Latvia (Riga). Ardena has an open culture. Team-spirit and entrepreneurship are important values in our company.
As a dynamic CDMO, we offer exciting career opportunities for skilled and motivated people that want to work in a fast-growing business, in the global pharmaceutical industry. Do you want to work in a challenging contract research and development environment, where experts come together to make new drugs a reality? Are you able to handle complex projects? Ardena offers ample opportunities to develop your scientific and technical skills as well as your managerial and commercial skills. The products that Ardena develops for her customers are generally technically highly complex and consequently offer interesting scientific challenges for our team.
In Oss, The Netherlands, Ardena has a business unit specialized in chemical process and analytical development, and cGMP manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and nanomedicines (formerly known as ChemConnection).
For the Ardena-Oss site we are looking for
A chemist (PhD) to strengthen our Process R&D team for nanomedicines.
In this position you will:
- independently and in teams work on Process R&D for nanomedicines;
- collaborate with colleagues in analytics, manufacture, and QA for the execution of projects;
- effectively communicate with customers about the status and progress of projects;
- develop scientific, technical, and organizational skills;
- after some time take on the full project management and supervise other (associate) scientists.
We expect from you
- a PhD degree in organic synthesis, bioorganic chemistry, molecular life sciences, nanotechnology or physical organic chemistry with extensive research experience.
- good communicative skills in Dutch and English, both verbal and written;
- good coaching skills;
- you are motivated, eager to learn, cope well with stress and are comfortable working in a professional environment with strict deadlines;
- able to work independently and in teams;
- knowledge of pharmaceutical development and cGMP is an added value.
A challenging job in an international environment within the most innovative industry branch: the pharmaceutical industry. Ardena has an open culture. Team-spirit and entrepreneurship are important values in our company.
Do you have questions?
For questions please contact Silvie Meeuwissen, Groupleader Nano PR&D.
T +31(0)412 846 072
Do you want to apply?
Your response to the vacancy, including a motivation letter and CV, can be directed to:
Joleen Schoenmakers, Senior Management Assistant
T +31(0)412 846 024