Ardena is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development services.
The Ardena Group is operating from six sites in Europe. To strengthen our solid state capabilities at Ardena Amsterdam, we are looking for:
A Technician/Associate Scientist
Your key role
This role is focused on performing laboratory experiments including sample preparations, solid form screens, analytical tests, interpretation of the data and reporting. The Project Leaders, who have overall responsibility of customer projects, work with the Technician/Associate Scientist and brief them on laboratory experiments required for a project and the conditions and timelines for such work. The Technician/Associate Scientist report back to the owner of the project (Project Leader).
- We are looking for a Master in Science (MSc) in Physical or Analytical Chemistry with preferably experience in solid state chemistry.
- As a research organization we look for staff with an inquisitive mind that can analyze and interpret the early results of experiments they are performing and can recommend a different research approach or conditions if necessary.
- In this position you should be familiar with many of the following research techniques:
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
- Dynamic vapor sorption (DVS)
- Thermogravimetric techniques (TGA)
- Thermogravimetric analysis coupled with mass spectroscopy (TGMS)
- High-Performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LCMS)
- Karl Fischer determinations (KF)
- X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD)
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Proton nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-NMR)
- You are able to meet high quality standards and you have a research minded attitude.
- You are flexible, communicative and you show a true customer focus.
- You have good communication and writing skills (mainly English).
- A multicultural and dynamic environment
- Possibility to grow and learn in a fast growing company
For further details please contact Ana Fernandez Casares, BU Director of Ardena SSR on
+31 20 820 2690 or email at email@example.com