Ardena is a reputed contract partner providing drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, logistics and bioanalytical services to pharmaceutical customers globally. In parallel, we compile the regulatory dossier for our customers to fast track their product towards compliance. Ardena has a niche expertise in development and manufacture of nanomedicines and nanocrystalline products. Every day, we guide companies through the hurdles and challenges of drug development. Our integrated service offering helps to streamline the drug’s progress to clinic and beyond, to reduce risk and timelines, and to facilitate a seamless flow of information.
We have a dedicated team with over 200 professionals divided over 6 sites in Belgium (Gent) and The Netherlands (Amsterdam, Oss, Assen), Sweden (Sodertalje), and Latvia (Riga). Ardena has an open culture. Team-spirit and entrepreneurship are important values in our company.
As a dynamic CDMO, we offer exciting career opportunities for skilled and motivated people that want to work in a fast-growing business, in the global pharmaceutical industry. Do you want to work in a challenging contract research and development environment, where experts come together to make new drugs a reality? Are you able to handle complex projects? Ardena offers ample opportunities to develop your scientific and technical skills as well as your managerial and commercial skills. The products that Ardena develops for her customers are generally technically highly complex and consequently offer interesting scientific challenges for our team.
In Oss, The Netherlands, Ardena has a business unit specialized in chemical process and analytical development and cGMP manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and nanomedicines (formerly ChemConnection). We want to step up our efforts in the determination of structures and application of NMR as part of this work.
Description of the vacancy
We are looking for a person (PhD level) to shape and coordinate the NMR/structure elucidation activities. After you have gained good knowledge of analytical development of pharmaceuticals, you will also work as Analytical Lead, in which role you coordinate all the analytical activities for a development project.
In this position you will
- Further develop the level of NMR within Ardena Oss;
- Develop, validate and perform NMR methods on behalf of our API (small molecule) development projects;
- More in particular, you execute NMR experiments for quantitation (qNMR), 1 and 2D identification and structure elucidation;
- Act as an NMR expert within the department and support manufacturing investigations
- Develop/introduce NMR methodology for the application on nano-materials;
- Help and coach colleagues in the field of NMR;
- For the structure elucidation (e.g. of impurities in our pharmaceutical products) you liaise with departments within Ardena that perform A) preparative chromatography and B) MS/MS experiments;
- Independently and in teams work on analytical development of API’s and nanoproducts (Analytical Lead);
- Further develop your scientific, technical, and organizational skills;
- Interact with colleagues in process chemistry, manufacture, and QA for the execution of projects;
We expect from you
- A PhD graduation in a field where you gained good knowledge of (multidimensional) NMR;
- Have excellent communicative skills in English and Dutch, both verbal and written and Dutch (or at least in English and willing to learn Dutch);
- You have good coaching/communicative skills and like to reach out to others to find the “missing piece of the puzzle” to complete your tasks;
- Able to work independently and in teams in a highly dynamic environment;
- Good knowledge of chromatography and willing to learn about other analytical techniques is an added value.
- Familiarity with a cGMP regulatory environment is a plus.
A challenging job in an international environment within the most innovative industry branch: the pharmaceutical industry. Ardena has an open culture. Team-spirit, entrepreneurship and taking ownership are important values in our company.
Do you have questions?
For questions please contact Lidia Nieto Garrido, Analytical team leader Analytical Sciences email@example.com
and Dr. Paul van Tilborg, Director Analytical Sciences firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to apply?
Your response to the vacancy, including a motivation letter and CV, can be directed to:
Ilona Oerlemans, Management Assistant email@example.com
The deadline for the application is August 15th.