Business Development Manager
for API and Nanomedicine Development and Manufacturing Services
Ardena is a reputed contract partner providing drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, logistics and bioanalytical services to pharmaceutical customers globally. In parallel, we compile the regulatory dossier for our customers to fast track their product towards compliance. Ardena has niche expertise in the development and manufacture of Nanomedicines. Every day, we guide companies through the hurdles and challenges of drug development. Our integrated service offering helps to streamline the drug’s progress to clinic and beyond, to reduce risk and timelines, and to facilitate a seamless flow of information.
We have a dedicated team of about 300 professionals operating from 6 sites in Belgium (Gent), The Netherlands (Amsterdam, Oss, Assen), Sweden (Sodertalje), and Latvia (Riga). Ardena has an open and transparent culture: team-spirit and ownership are important values in our company.
We’re a dynamic CDMO offering exciting career opportunities to skilled and motivated people that want to work in a fast-growing market within the global pharmaceutical industry. Do you want to work in a challenging contract research and development environment, where experts come together to develop innovative drugs for unmet medical needs? Do you want to support the growth of Ardena by strengthening our Business Development organization and promote our API and Nanomedicines services as well as our broader integrated Ardena services? Ardena offers ample opportunities to develop your commercial, managerial and technical skills.
In Oss, The Netherlands, Ardena has a business unit specialized in chemical process and analytical development and cGMP manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and Nanomedicines.
During the first months you will gain advanced expertise in our API and Nanomedicine services, and the broader Ardena service offering. During the onboarding you will familiarize yourself with our customers by performing desk research and landscaping potential markets. This process will also include competitor analysis to understand Ardena’s unique selling points.
Once you are equipped with the technical background and the customer understanding, your role will focus on business development activities. You will be based in Oss and you’re willing to travel frequently. Your main markets are Europe and US.
As Business Development manager your responsibilities include:
- Deliver revenue achievement versus target;
- Maintain good relationships with current customers at various levels of hierarchy and across different teams including the technical team and procurement;
- Perform desk research;
- Identify and analyze new customers and approach these with a strong sales pitch supported by our technical scientific staff;
- Build long-term relationships and leverage these to form strategic partnerships leading to regular on-going business;
- Identify customer needs and communicate these effectively to further develop and improve Ardena’s services positioning;
- Support marketing campaigns including web-site strategy, newsletter and conference programs;
- Execute administrative responsibilities: registration of activities in CRM system, updating weighted pipeline and contracts won, align with administration on backlog, participate in the corporate sales meeting.
The Business Development manager reports to the Business Unit Director for API and Nanomedicines, and has a second reporting line to the Corporate Business Development Director.
Requirements for the role
- You have a PhD degree in chemistry.
- You have a minimum of 10 years experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical/drug development sector.
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in business development, preferably in the Pharma/Biotech early phase innovator market.
- You have a proven track record of successfully pitching new business
- You are a team player being diplomatic and mindful of cultural differences
- You are a true motivator: you build and sustain cooperative working relationships. You’re able to work effectively with colleagues in a variety of settings; you are integer and you choose thoughts and actions based on values rather than personal gains
- You align individual work priorities with the Ardena targets and you visibly demonstrate care for customers
A challenging job in an international environment within the most innovative industry branch: the pharmaceutical industry. Ardena has an open culture. Team-spirit and ownership are important values in our company.
Do you have questions?
For questions please mail to email@example.com
We will revert to you directly and bring you in contact with the Business Unit Director.
Do you have questions or do you want to apply?
Your response to the vacancy, including a motivation letter and CV, can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org