Ardena is a reputed contract partner providing drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, logistics and bioanalytical services to pharmaceutical customers globally. In parallel, we compile the regulatory dossier for our customers to fast track their product towards compliance. Ardena has a niche expertise in development and manufacture of nanomedicines and nanocrystalline products. Every day, we guide companies through the hurdles and challenges of drug development. Our integrated service offering helps to streamline the drug’s progress to clinic and beyond, to reduce risk and timelines, and to facilitate a seamless flow of information.
We have a dedicated team with over 200 professionals divided over 6 sites in Belgium (Gent) and The Netherlands (Amsterdam, Oss, Assen), Sweden (Sodertalje), and Latvia (Riga). Ardena has an open culture. Team-spirit and entrepreneurship are important values in our company.
As a dynamic CDMO, we offer exciting career opportunities for skilled and motivated people that want to work in a fast-growing business, in the global pharmaceutical industry. Do you want to work in a challenging contract research and development environment, where experts come together to make new drugs a reality? Are you able to handle complex projects? Ardena offers ample opportunities to develop your scientific and technical skills as well as your managerial and commercial skills. The products that Ardena develops for her customers are generally technically highly complex and consequently offer interesting scientific challenges for our team.
In Oss, The Netherlands, Ardena has a business unit specialized in chemical process and analytical development and cGMP manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and nanomedicines (formerly ChemConnection).
For the Oss site we are looking for
A new team member for our Analytical Sciences team (BSc/MSc).
In this position you will
- Contribute to the development for API’s and nanomedicines by timely executing and reporting analyses on behalf of development of API’s and nanomedicines in all phases of pharmaceutical development;
- Develop and validate challenging chromatographic methods (sometimes with complex sample pre-treatments), as well as applying these methods in development projects;
- Extend your knowledge on chromatographic and other techniques;
- Further develop your scientific, technical, and organizational skills;
- Interact with colleagues in process chemistry, manufacture, and QA for the execution of projects;
We expect from you
- A BSc/MSc graduation in analytical chemistry with at least 2-5 years of working experience;
- Proven knowledge of chromatographic techniques (HPLC, GPC or GC) (please include expertise level in your motivation letter). Knowledge on LC-MS is considered an advantage;
- A good understanding of chemical structures and physical properties of materials that you are able to apply in development in sample pre-treatments;
- Good communicative skills in Dutch and English both verbal and written;
- You are motivated and are comfortable working in a professional environment with strict deadlines;
- Able to work independently and in teams in a highly dynamic environment;
- Knowledge on cGMP and ICH guidelines are considered an advantage;
- A hands-on mentality.
A challenging job in an international environment within the most innovative industry branch: the pharmaceutical industry. Ardena has an open culture. Team-spirit, entrepreneurship and taking ownership are important values in our company.
Do you have questions?
For questions please contact Sander Kok, Senior Scientist Analytical Sciences
Do you want to apply?
Your response to the vacancy, including a motivation letter and CV, can be directed to:
Ilona Oerlemans, Management Assistant