Ardena is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development services. We strongly believe that our multidisciplinary approach can accelerate the drug development and approval process. By seamlessly integrating our services, we’re able to better mitigate development risks and ultimately reduce time-to clinic.
Ardena is a rapidly growing international orientated organization in the industry, with 6 company sites in 4 countries. (Belgium, the Netherlands, Latvia and Sweden). In the past 3 years we have taken over several other organizations which are complementary to each other and created One Ardena Group. We currently have 300 people working for us and an annual revenue of 44 million (2020) and have realized an average growth of 15% on annual basis over the past 3 years and we have the ambition to continue this growth.
The Ardena site in Oss, The Netherlands, is specialized in chemical process and analytical development and cGMP manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and nanomedicines.
For this Business Unit, we are looking for a
Analytical Scientist of Nanomaterials
Analytical sciences (fulltime)
What will you work on
You will work independently and in teams on analytical development of API’s and nanomaterials, performing analytical development using techniques such as HPLC, GPC, AF4-MALS, DLS, NMR and more.
Your key responsibilities
- You divide your time over the lab and behind the desk;
- You perform analytical development using techniques such as HPLC, GPC, AF4-MALS, DLS, NMR and more;
- You will contribute to the scientific level of the analytical sciences team (e.g., introduce new characterization techniques);
- You maintain contact with process chemistry project leads, customers and report about the status and progress of projects;
- You supervise and coach other (associate) scientists;
- You apply your high level of scientific, technical, and organizational skills;
- You keep yourself up to date with the latest developments and insights;
- You will report to one of the group leads in our analytical team of 38 people.
Your profile looks like/ resembles
- You have a PhD degree in research evolving around the synthesis and/or characterization of (nano)materials and strong affinity with analytical techniques;
- You are perceived by others as expert of sizing techniques, microscopy (SEM/TEM), or separation sciences (LC, GPC, AF4) (include expertise level in your motivation letter);
- You are more interested in characterization of nanomaterials than in making them;
- Knowledge of analytical development of pharmaceuticals, sample preparation methods or cGMP is an added value;
- You are able to translate characterization challenges of complex matrices into analytical solutions;
- You like to share and transfer your knowledge;
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment;
- You like to learn and develop yourself;
- You are flexible, a problem solver and a team player;
- You have an analytical mindset and you are stress resistant;
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English (written as well as spoken).
What we offer
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills;
- A rapidly International developing and growing company with an interesting services, product and customer portfolio;
- A dynamic working environment with nice colleagues;
- Open straightforward but also caring culture;
- We love creative thinking and pro-activeness;
- We are true to our values.
Next to that we also offer of course
- An attractive remuneration package;
- Flexible working hours;
- 28 days holiday a year;
- Fruit & Fitness possibilities;
- The office is easy to reach by public transport.
If you like to have more information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Lidia Nieto Garrido, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +31 412 846 075. Contact per email is preferred, only be reached by phone on Monday and Thursday.
Ready to apply? send us your cv and motivation letter via our website ardena.com/careers or email at email@example.com, vacancy reference OS08
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in < the Netherlands)> will not be given a status update.