Ardena has facilities in Ghent, Belgium, and Amsterdam, Assen and Oss, the Netherlands. Our expert teams collaborate closely every day, to ensure a seamless and integrated drug development pathway.
A team of around 75 employees work at our 1,600m2 GMP facility in Ghent. The site has a wide range of drug development and manufacturing capabilities, including:
- Formulation development
- Analytical development
- Stability studies
- GMP clinical supply manufacturing
- Clinical supply packaging and labeling
- Importing and releasing clinical supplies
- Technical & regulatory support
The facility is currently expanded to include 600m2 of additional laboratory facilities.
Our 850m2 GMP facility in Amsterdam includes purpose-built, state-of-the-art laboratories with 15 highly qualified research scientists specialising in solid state chemistry.
Our solid state chemistry capabilities include:
- Polymorph screening
- Salt screening
- Co-crystal screening
- Single crystal structure
From our facility in Amsterdam, we also provide crystallisation process development and analytical chemistry services, including particle engineering, solid form control, materials characterisation and intellectual property support.
Our Assen GLP-certified, 2000 m2 facility is home to a 40-strong team with specialist expertise in bio-analysis. The team is active during all phases of pharmaceutical R&D, from drug discovery to pre-clinical and all clinical phases, with services including:
- Bio-analysis, particularly LC-MS/MS and immunochemistry
- Drug screening (hit to lead)
- Logistics support for clinical multi-centre studies within Europe
Since 1969, the site has specialised in the analysis of endogenous (biomarkers) and exogenous (drugs) compounds in biological matrices derived from humans and animals.
Our drug substance and nanomedicine production facility in Oss is home to a 60-strong team of scientists with expertise in process development, analytical R&D, GMP manufacturing and QA. Capabilities include:
- Drug substance characterisation and manufacture for pre-clinical, clinical and commercial use
- Drug substance process development including synthesis, crystallization and scale-up
- Containment for potent drug substances up to OEL 4 potency
- State of the art purification systems including column and ion exchange chromatography, preparative HPLC and ultra- and nanofiltration
- Nanomedicine particle characterisation. Capacity for production and purification using TFF and magnetic separation
- Analytical lab for method development, validation as well as drug substance and nanomedicine release and stability testing
- Facilities and equipment for GMP synthesis, testing and release of synthetic long peptide libraries for personalised medicines